Mar 14, 2011

weekend project: cute knitted dishcloth

This weekend I knitted this adorable dishcloth from a free pattern I found online from the Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines book. It turned out so cute and was really simple to make. It would be an adorable gift given with some pretty soap for the kitchen or even the bathroom. I'm keeping this in mind for Christmas!

For this project, I used a soft cotton-linen blend-- CotLin yarn from Knitpicks. I also picked up a bunch of Sugar n' Cream yarn for future dishcloths as it was on sale at Michaels. This was the recommended yarn choice, but I opted for the CotLin as I had never tried knitting with it before. It wasn't at all hard on my hands like some cotton yarn can be. I'm happy with how it turned out and will likely make a few more to match. I think my knitting/yarn addiction might be flaring back up...

No comments:

Post a Comment