Nov 28, 2009

a weekend sale?

I know I certainly didn't finish my shopping, or even get a good dent in it yesterday, so I decided to extend the shop sale for the rest of the weekend. See the previous post for full details.

Now that the holidays are in full swing, I think I'll pull out the decorations. I love doing this every year because it is entirely a surprise what is in each box. My memory is wiped fully clean over the many months in between. Each little item has a story of who made it and where it came from. This Christmas will be my first as part of a married couple so it feels a bit more special, even though I have been celebrating the holiday with my husband for over 9 years. We will actually be spending Christmas day together rather than with our separate families and I am really looking forward to that.

I remember this ornament on my childhood tree. It was given to me when I went off on my own and is one of my favorites. I have a few like this with very thin glass and I fear for the day there will be a casualty. The dog ornament is a new addition given to me by my parents. It is a tiny replica of my dog Luna. Love it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment